stand with you.
You don’t need to navigate the legal system alone.
KCSARC can help in English, Spanish and Mandarin. There is never a cost for our confidential legal advocacy services.
Pursuing justice through the legal system can often be a long and complex process. A KCSARC legal advocate stands with you every step of the way, helping make your voice heard.
Our legal advocates focus solely on your needs, helping you make decisions right for you.
Legal advocates can assist victims of sexual assault by:
- Providing information about the criminal justice process
- Informing you of your rights as a victim
- Accompanying you or your child to all interviews and court appearances
- Assisting with filing for protection orders
- Assisting with victim impact statements
- Connecting you to other services, such as referral to attorneys, emergency housing, counseling, parent education (when victims are children)
What is community-based legal advocacy?
Protecting a client’s privacy and confidentiality is the foundation of our work. Because KCSARC is an independent, community-based nonprofit, our legal advocates focus solely on your needs, helping you make decisions right for you. Our services are completely confidential and independent from law enforcement, prosecution, courts and corrections.
Victim rights in Washington state:
Rights of victims, survivors, and witnesses
Rights of sexual assault survivors
Rights of child victims and witnesses
Key criminal justice resources:
Washington State Protection Order Resources