stand with you.
You don’t need to navigate the legal system alone.
KCSARC can help in both English and Spanish. There is never a cost for our confidential legal advocacy services.
Pursuing justice through the legal system can often be a long and complex process. A KCSARC legal advocate stands with you every step of the way, helping make your voice heard.
Our legal advocates focus solely on your needs, helping you make decisions right for you.
Legal advocates can:
- Provide information about the criminal justice process
- Inform you of your rights
- Accompany you or your child to all interviews and court appearances
- Assist with filing for protection orders
- Assist with victim impact statements
- Connect you to other services, such as emergency housing, counseling, parent education (when victims are children) and more.
What is community-based legal advocacy?
Protecting a client’s privacy and confidentiality is the foundation of our work. Because KCSARC is an independent, community-based nonprofit, our legal advocates focus solely on your needs, helping you make decisions right for you. Our services are completely confidential and independent from law enforcement, prosecution, courts and corrections.