Pay and benefits
Compensation – Annual Performance Appraisal
Employees have a direct influence on KCSARC’s merit-based compensation through an annual review process which includes goal-setting and annual evaluations with their supervisor.
KCSARC offers a 401(k) program, with a generous matching program after 90 days of employment.
KCSARC offers a generous benefits package for employees working more than 30 hours per week. We currently are covered by Regence, Delta Dental, and VSP.
Once eligible, employees have the option of choosing:
• PPO- $90/month
• Deductible HDMP- $50/ month with generous $1400.00 (prorated) company contribution to Health Savings Account (HSA). Employees are not required to contribute.
• KCSARC pays 100% for employee dental and vision benefits, as well as premiums for basic life, accidental death and dismemberment and short- and long-term disability coverage.
• 50% company subsidized medical, dental, and vision for child dependents.
• Flexible Spending Accounts for health care and dependent care.
• Employer-paid Wellspring Employee Assistance Program.
• Portable voluntary life insurance.
• Voluntary Aflac.
• Pet insurance discount program.
KCSARC values continued growth and education and aims to create a culture which appreciates and encourages career development. For this reason, KCSARC regularly hosts professional development training opportunities in-house, allows for staff to take paid time to attend trainings, and in some cases, even pays for the training or certification.
KCSARC understands the challenges with finding the right work/life balance. Time off is a key component to restoring personal reserves, and providing compassionate support to our clients.
Full-time KCSARC employees are eligible to receive 20 PTO (Personal Time Off) days their first year, in addition to 11 agency holidays, and 2 floating holidays, with PTO days progressively increasing in following years. Part-time staff receive prorated time off benefits according to hours worked.
In addition to paid time off, KCSARC also supports employees in meeting certain needs and family obligations through alternative schedules and telecommuting where possible.
We also encourage our staff to pursue their passion for advocacy in our community. We offer company-paid time off to engage with organizations outside of work.
- Subsidized cell phone (for select positions)
- Ongoing training opportunities
- Parking provided
- Close proximity to retail, gym, dining and transit
As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, KCSARC employees may use their time with us toward their eligibility for student loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF).