REPORTS TO: Director of Clinical
POSTING DATE: October 25, 2021
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
SALARY: $67,000 annually for associate level
$73,030 annually for fully licensed
$2,500 signing bonus after successful completion of 4-month orientation period
SHIFT: Monday – Friday
Who we are:
Since 1976, we have been working to alleviate, as much as possible, the trauma of sexual assault for victims and their families. Our mission is to give voice to victims, their families, and the community; create change in beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors about violence; and instill courage for people to speak out about sexual assault.
Get to know us! The KCSARC Clinical Team was the 2020 recipient of the International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies Sarah Haley Memorial Award for Clinical Excellence ISTSS – Awards and Honors! We want to deliver the best possible treatment for our clients. With that goal in mind, the therapists are committed to providing high quality evidence-based treatments for survivors. KCSARC therapists are experts in providing trauma-specific treatment for victims of sexual assault.
Training provided: KCSARC will train you in gold-standard treatment models that have been scientifically proven to be effective for victims of trauma: Cognitive Processing Therapy, Prolonged Exposure and Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. You will work with a range of clients who span the ages of 6 through adulthood. Therapists at KCSARC are given paid time for on-going training that meet State requirements for licensure. Weekly supervision is provided by a WA State Approved Supervisor and those hours count towards professional licensure. Twice monthly group consultation with local and internationally renowned experts is also provided.
What you’ll do:
All competencies are performed in both English and Spanish
- Provide trauma-specific therapy to both youth and adult victims of sexual assault and non-offending family members.
- Provide crisis intervention services to clients and family members.
- Submit complete documentation, treatment plans, and other required records in the Client Tracking System in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with other community professionals such as CPS, CASA, and teachers
- Maintain a 20-25 caseload.
- Collaborate with colleagues in other departments as necessary to recommend other direct services to clients
- Participate in weekly supervision and attend clinical meetings, such as group consultation and therapist meetings.
What we’re looking for:
- Master’s Degree plus two years of clinical experience.
- Written & oral fluency in both English and Spanish.
- Experience working with sexual assault survivors and possibly their parents.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize various empirically supported therapeutic interventions for treating trauma.
What’s in it for you?
STRIKE A WORK/LIFE BALANCE:
We believe that people show up best when they can show up as their whole self.
That’s why you’ll find that KCSARC’s generous time off policy offers time for enrichment, self-care, and rest. We offer:
- PTO @ 20 days in year 1; 25 days year 2; 30 days year 3+
- 11 paid holidays
- 10 hours quarterly for self-determined wellness/activism time
What’s more? We offer a robust package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance and 401k matching plan. Additionally, enjoy the flexibility of a hybrid model of home and office work:
- Caseloads are 20-25 individuals per therapist.
- Clients are seen primarily face to face, with some over a HIPAA compliant zoom.
- Telecommuting is available to accomplish the written requirements of the job.
- There are NO on-call, nighttime (exception for therapists who runs group), or weekend work hours.
At KCSARC, we not only value diversity – we celebrate it. We are committed to creating a team as diverse as the communities we live in because we believe that the more inclusive, we are, the better our team will be. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
To apply – create an account on our job site and apply for the desired position. Thank you!
KCSARC requires all staff to be vaccinated against COVID-19 within 60 days of hire as appointments are available.